We have a variety of options for you to choose from at Green Conscience. Ranging from roman shades made of natural grasses to custom window treatments made from fabric that is cradle to cradle certified. Both options provide you with a beautifully unique, sustainable, and healthy window!
Pioneering green window fashions since 1999, Earthshade continues to set the leading standard with a SAFE, stylish, & complete collection of hand-crafted sustainable window shades that are truly easy on the planet and delightful to the soul. Our versatile operating styles & captivating patterns are designed to bring out the best of any decorative style without the use of chemicals, dyes, or otherwise commonplace or sometimes mandated processing.
- GREEN CRAFTED from the HIGHEST quality, RAPIDLY RENEWABLE grasses, reeds, bamboo, Certified Organic, TrueGreen Hemp™ or other cellulosic fibers in whole, part, trimmed, twisted, or braided to obtain truly unique patterns. Our naturally superior materials are primarily gathered in Central America as opposed to Southeast Asia, substantially reducing green house gas emissions associated with transportation while enhancing local economies and lifestyles.
- ENERGY EFFICIENT: All patterns have a naturally impressive degree of insulating and sun shading properties that may increase the energy performance of your window system allowing additional control of your climate and wallet. Introducing the industries first and only chemical free Hemp Insuliner™ with an average calculated “R” value of 4.5! (kindly see Lining Options for additional $ saving info)
- NATURAL coloration is obtained from the materials natural state, sun bleaching, oven baking, or the use of an applied water based wash to three patterns only, assuring even, natural, safer, and enduring beauty without the off-gassing that plagues similar looking materials.
- HEALTHY: Finishes, chemicals, lacquers, or other commonly used or mandated “finishes” are NOT necessary thanks to our extreme care and attention to quality and respect for the inherent properties of the material insuring lasting durability and better indoor air quality.
- QUALITY: Distinctive hand crafting by three generations emphasizes our commitment to people and planet by celebrating both International and Domestic Fair Trade. Distinctive hardware includes operational, non-corroding (recycled) metal pulleys, in place of industry standard plastic increases the wearability of operating cords remarkably.
- CUSTOM VERSATILITY: Earthshade™ Natural Window Fashions™ are available in numerous operating styles including Top-down/ bottom-up and custom motorization by remote control and/or wall switch (low EMF) making our blinds the ideal solution for any circumstance. Call today to speak with our Certified Safetech™ Motorization experts.
- ECO-SAFE: shades can be prepared to meet commercial fire codes with an optional WATER & MINERAL based, LOW-TOXICITY fire retardant, making our shades the ideal “designer” option for ALL commercial applications.
- EARTH FRIENDLY: All custom shades come standard with our revolutionary customer care, and our lifetime limited warranty, effectively promoting peace of mind for people and planet, while "Supporting your view of the world™"
Call us for a quote or check out the Earthshade Website!
We offer custom window treatments by offering fabrics by Bella-Dura and partnering with a local workroom and installer who provide quality services.
Bella-Dura is the leading environmentally responsible fabric option in the marketplace. In fact, you could call it the environmental champion of all synthetic fibers. It is the only fiber on the market, synthetic or natural, that begins as a by-product of post-industrial waste and ends its life as a fully recyclable product. Bella-Dura requires substantially less energy to manufacture, uses only a small amount of water during its manufacturing process and produces no harmful industrial waste.
Bella-Dura fabrics have achieved a Silver certification and are classified as “preferred products” by MBDC (McDonough Braungart Design Chemistry). These certifications confirm that Bella-Dura meets or exceeds MBDC’s strict standards for human and environmental health, environmentally preferable materials, strategy for renewable energy and a comprehensive material re-utilization program.